Employee Health Insurance
Health insurance is a very effective means of motivating employees. employees to whom the company provides health insurance feel more valued and appreciated:
- have the freedom to choose whether to use public or private health care services;
- spending less time in medical institutions;
- receive high quality and prompt medical advice in case of an illness;
- can take care not only of the treatment of diseases but also for their prevention;
- are healthier and more efficient, feel better.
Health insurance is a great way to motivate employees at lower costs and benefit from a favorable tax environment.
- health insurance premiums are recognized as permitted deductions and are therefore an excellent means of reducing income tax;
- not subject to Personal Income Tax (15%);
- the contribution is exempt from social security contributions (34%);
- the contribution is exempt from compulsory health insurance (6%).
Any company that covers its employees may:
- choose between 6 insurance companies offering these services in Lithuania;
- offer different health insurance packages for different categories of employees;
- establish an individual insurance scheme and to insure the desired health care services;
- select the extent to which health care services will be paid (50-100% of the price of the service may be compensated);
- organize compulsory preventive health checks.